What do I need to do with my plates?

Plates must be removed from the vehicle and returned with a notification that your vehicle has been sold to the DMV.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Notify the DMV that your vehicle has been sold using Utah's Motor Vehicle Portal. Alternatively, you can submit a written notification which must include the vehicle year, make, plate or vehicle identification number, and the owner’s signature by mail or fax to:

Division of Motor Vehicles
P.O. Box 30412
Salt Lake City, UT 84130

Fax: (801) 297-3570

Did this answer your question?