What do I need to do with my plates?

Plates must be surrendered to the DMV, either by mail or in person, with a Plate Surrender Application before there is a lapse in liability insurance. If plates are transferred, it must be done immediately.

Is there anything else I need to do?

You may need to notify the DMV that you sold your vehicle in order to complete the transfer process.

Did this answer your question?