What do I need to do with my plates?

Plates that are not being transferred to a new vehicle must be surrendered to your local MVC office for cancellation.

Is there anything else I need to do?

You may need to notify the MVC that you sold your vehicle in order to complete the transfer process.

Did this answer your question?