What do I need to do with my plates?

Nevada law requires you to either use the plates on another vehicle or turn them in for cancellation within 30 days of the sale. For more detailed information about transferring plates, refer to the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicle website.

Is there anything else I need to do?

The seller must complete and keep a Bill of Sale. The DMV must be notified via the Online Vehicle Resale Notification within 5 days of the sale. 

Did this answer your question?