What do I need to do with my plates?

Return the plates to a local MVA branch or transfer them to a new vehicle. Unless transferring the plates, you must return them to the MVA and retain the receipt before you cancel insurance coverage on the vehicle.

Is there anything else I need to do?

You may need to notify the MVA that you sold your vehicle in order to complete the transfer process.

Did this answer your question?