What do I need to do with my plates?

You don't need to turn in your license plates at DMV. If you have special plates, you can request that they be transferred to a new vehicle. Or if you choose not to keep your special plates, you must recycle them or destroy them.

Is there anything else I need to do?

You may need to submit the Affidavit of Incomplete Transfer to your County Clerk in order to notify them that you have sold your vehicle.

Did this answer your question?