What do I need to do with my plates?

You can keep the plates and transfer them to a new vehicle, or you can cancel them by going to your local DMV office.

Is there anything else I need to do?

A Notice of Release of Liability form must be filled out within 5 days of selling the vehicle.

Did this answer your question?