What do I need to do with my plates?

Return the plates and registration certificate to the DMV and ask that they be cancelled.

Is there anything else I need to do?

You may be eligible for a refund if there is at least one full year remaining on your registration. Once your registration is cancelled, you can contact the DMV to verify.

Did this answer your question?