- Sign the front of the title on the "Signature of Registered Owner" line and the "Signature of First Legal Owner" line.
- Note: Only sign on the "Signature of First Legal Owner" line if your name is listed as the Legal Owner. If there is a Lien Holder name printed as the Legal Owner, they will need to sign as the First Legal Owner.
- Sign the front of the title where it reads "Signature of Transferor/Seller" in the assignment of title.
- Print name on the front of the title where it reads "Printed Name of Transferor/Seller."
- If there's a lien listed on the title, it must be released on the title (on the "Signature of First Legal Owner" line), or accompanied by a separate lien release letter.
- If there are two owners on the title, one or both must sign depending on how the names appear in the title. Buyer line must remain blank.
- Owner 1 OR Owner 2 - BOTH owners must sign
- Owner 1 AND/OR Owner 2 - BOTH owners must sign
- Owner 1 AND Owner 2 - BOTH owners must sign
- Owner 1 Owner 2 (No conjunction) - BOTH owners must sign
- The name used to sign the title must exactly match the name shown on the title. If you have changed your name since the title was issued, do not sign with your new name. Go ahead and sign with name shown on the title.
Title Care Tips
- Use black or blue pen, only.
- Avoid using white-out.
- Avoid making rips/tears in the title.
- No strikethroughs or scribbles.
Your title may vary from the images shown. Thoroughly check your title and locate the required fields before signing and filling out. Writing in the wrong spot or providing incorrect information may void your title and require obtaining a duplicate copy.