If you are selling a vehicle outside of Kentucky with a Kentucky title, then follow the steps below, but on step 2 sign on the back of the title instead of the front, as is shown in the image below.
The person(s) named on the front of the title must follow these steps:
1. This title must be notarized! Sign the title in front of a Notary Public.
2. Sign the front of the title where it reads "Signature(s) of Seller(s)."
3. Print name(s) on the back of the title where it reads "Printed Names(s) of Seller(s)."
4. If there's a lien listed on the title, it must be released on the title, or accompanied by a separate lien release letter.
- If there are two owners on the title, one or both must sign depending on how the names appear in the title. Buyer line must remain blank.
- Owner 1 OR Owner 2 - Only ONE owner must sign
- Owner 1 AND/OR Owner 2 - BOTH owners must sign
- Owner 1 AND Owner 2 - BOTH owners must sign
- Owner 1 Owner 2 (No conjunction) - BOTH owners must sign
- The name used to sign the title must exactly match the name shown on the title. If you have changed your name since the title was issued, do not sign with your new name. Go ahead and sign with name shown on the title.
Title Care Tips
- Use black or blue pen, only.
- Avoid using white-out.
- Avoid making rips/tears in the title.
- No or scribbles.
***Actual title design may vary from the image shown below.