What do I need to do with my plates?

Plates must be removed from the vehicle and returned with a notification that your vehicle has been sold to the DMV.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Notify the DMV, in writing, that your vehicle has been sold. The notification must include the vehicle year, make, plate or vehicle identification number and the owner's signature. This notification can be sent by fax or mail to:

Division of Motor Vehicles
Suspended Transaction Unit

P.O. Box 30412
Salt Lake City, UT 84130

Fax: (801) 297-3570  

Did this answer your question?